Friday 30 September 2016

Sense of Place



This afternoon I was handed the brief for A Sense of Place, the workshop included group discussions, getting to know one another and informing others on ways the brief could be carried out. Within the brief are five different themes that us as students could use in our project assignment. Exploring the city, species of space, system of subjects, image and language. 

The post it notes were given to us to jot down words that felt relevant to the brief, on a personal level. There are so many paths that I could take, therefore writing down a number of words, such as, culture, urban/rural, history, weather will all mind map out towards bigger ideas that will help me understand what I will want to include in my sketch book. I was extremely confused at how many possible ways I could take my project, and sharing ideas with others in my group expanded my own mind map to an extent of not knowing where to start. 
We discussed ideas between us, and my tutor expanded on words that we wrote to help us gain confidence and a clear pathway as to why we thought the words were important for the project.