Thursday 13 October 2016

Audio Editing

Audio Edits from Emily-Beth Phillips on Vimeo.

I am now on my third week of Process and Production workshops. This week I was part of the After Effects workshop with Sara, creating animation as part of my practice module. This workshop I found really interesting, although I have spent two years as a graphic designer at college using the correct software, After Effects was not something I ever used, as it is mostly for animation; a topic I didn't cover. Opening the programme up, I could familiar myself with the where abouts of tools and settings, however the workshop enabled me to become confident with creating my own short video using pantone coloured slides and audio. 

All animations usually fit to a screen of 1920 pixels wide, and 1080 pixels high, so I set up my workspace so the slides would fit the correct measurement. This workspace was then used to fill with colours I had collected from a pantone strip, the colours were to be used for every change of beat in the audio I downloaded online. I followed every stage and once I knew how to complete the animation, it did not take me long to finish off the last slide. I was happy with the outcome and the change of slide with every similar beat. 

Before I produced the short video, I created a Vimeo profile which would allow me to upload my animations online. Once I was happy with my finishing outcome, I uploaded the video, and linked it to my Blogger profile (Video above). 
Moving forward with the process and production module for After Effects, I have been set a task to create a few slides that will present a short trailer for a book of my choice. Using typography and images, I will put these slides together in my workshops, just like I have done for the short clip above. Animation is fresh to me and from my first workshop experience, I feel as though I can put my own style and graphic skills to the test, whilst using animation based software.